- This event has passed.
Family Literacy Day Dance Party
January 26 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Cut loose and get your groove on in the library after hours. For families with children of all ages.
Please only register one ticket per household.
Family Literacy Day (FLD) takes place every January 27 to raise awareness about the importance of reading and engaging in other literacy-related activities as a family. Taking time every day to read or do a learning activity with children is crucial to a child’s development, improves a child’s literacy skills dramatically, and can help a parent improve their skills as well.
Celebrate 25 years of FLD and learning together as a family by having a party (or come to one at the library)! Make food, sing songs, and play games. The possibilities for learning are endless – and it’s fun when you do it together.
- Program fees are non-refundable unless a program is cancelled or rescheduled by Lincoln Pelham Public Library.
- If fees ever present a barrier to participation, or should you require assistance or accommodations related to you or your child’s ability to attend a program, please contact Susan by phone: 905-562-5711 or email: email@example.com.
- Children 10 years of age or under attending Library programs or events must have a caregiver present in the Library. Where Library programs or events are held outside of the Library building, the caregiver must remain within visual range of children.
- Your attendance at Lincoln Pelham Public Library programs may be digitally recorded through photographs or video recordings. These images/videos may be posted on our website, on social media outlets, or local publications. If you do not wish your image to be published, please notify Library staff before or immediately after the program. No individual identification will be used unless the Library has obtained express consent.
- LPPL welcomes donations so we can continue to offer free and affordable programs. You can donate at any LPPL branch or online here.