- This event has passed.
UNLEARN Book Club
February 20 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Read and discuss nonfiction titles by Canadian authors that share new voices and perspectives while gaining a better understanding of often underrepresented and misunderstood communities.
Please note registration is for the full six-month series. If interested in joining for a specific title, please email Kelly: firstname.lastname@example.org. A limited number of books are available to borrow. eBooks audiobooks may be available on Libby.
January 16: Her Name Was Margaret: Life and Death on the Streets by Denise Davy
February 20: The Skin We’re In: A Year of Black Resistance and Power by Desmond Cole
March 19: My Name Is Not Harry by Haroon Siddiqui
April 16: Can’t Read, Can’t Write, Here’s My Book by Michael Jacques
May 21: Our Voice of Fire: A Memoir of a Warrior Rising by Brandi Morin
June 18: Care Of: Letters, Connections, and Cures by Ivan Coyote
- Program fees are non-refundable unless a program is cancelled or rescheduled by Lincoln Pelham Public Library.
- If fees ever present a barrier to participation, or should you require assistance or accommodations related to you or your child’s ability to attend a program, please contact Susan by phone: 905-562-5711 or email: email@example.com.
- Children 10 years of age or under attending Library programs or events must have a caregiver present in the Library. Where Library programs or events are held outside of the Library building, the caregiver must remain within visual range of children.
- Your attendance at Lincoln Pelham Public Library programs may be digitally recorded through photographs or video recordings. These images/videos may be posted on our website, on social media outlets, or local publications. If you do not wish your image to be published, please notify Library staff before or immediately after the program. No individual identification will be used unless the Library has obtained express consent.
- LPPL welcomes donations so we can continue to offer free and affordable programs. You can donate at any LPPL branch or online here.